Chimamanda Adichie disagrees with Buhari on Nigeria Governance

“He had an opportunity to make real reforms early on, to boldly reshape Nigeria’s path. He wasted it,”

The largest cities in Nigeria: ranked 1 to 10.

List of largest cities in Nigeria is different from the list of most loved cities in Nigeria

Ankara Dresses, Prints, Latest Fashion Trends

It started as a movement in Africa, Ankara, the African prints has become the latest fashion trends in the globe. Ankara Inspired by the locals and designers in Africa has become the next big thing. Osas eye brings you a collection of the best Ankara dresses

Who will bring back Nigeria’s lost girls?

If Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan can free the missing girls, he would have done it before now. He can't. He failed

African Clothing, Traditional Men's Fashion Styles

African wear continues to rock the fashion trend. From Nigeria to South Africa, Osas eye gives you look at some of the jaw dropping traditional wear by African designers for men

Thursday, April 13, 2017

3 years #BringBackOurGirls: Nigerian stolen girls no where to be found


3 years #BringBackOurGirls: Nigerian stolen girls

Three years after 276 schoolgirls in Chibok, northeast Nigeria, were kidnapped by Boko Haram on 14 April 2014, the Nigerian stolen girls are still no where to be found. The kidnapping sparked the global #BringBackOurGirls campaign that failed on its own promise to bring back the stolen girls.

21 of the stolen girls were released in October 2016 (more than 2.5 years) in a deal brokered by the International Red Cross. More than 63 have escaped from the Boko Haram camp.

On the eve of the third year anniversary, Nigeria's government released a statement that it is in talks to release the remaining captive Chibok girls, the president said on Thursday, April 13, 2017.

The government "is in constant touch through negotiations, through local intelligence to secure the release of the remaining girls and other abducted persons unharmed," President Muhammadu Buhari said in a statement.

Of the girls taken from their school in the northeastern town of Chibok in 2014, 195 are still missing.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Spring Break Crowds Shuts Down Miami Beach Ocean Drive

Spring Break Crowds Miami Beach Ocean Drive
College students from Georgia and Florida took over Ocean Drive in Miami Beach leading to a shut down for hours Friday as spring break crowds filled the sand and streets.

Spring beakers descended upon South Beach, Ocean Drive in Miami for the first week of 8 weeks long Spring Break. There were 35 arrests during the first weekend. Last year, the second weekend of spring break brought mayhem, including 50 arrests and the murder of a 20-year-old on Ocean Drive.
2017 Spring Break Crowds Miami Beach

College students Ocean Drive in Miami Beach

Between March 3, 2016 and April 16, 2016, Miami Beach saw an estimated 136,330 people visit the beach between South Pointe and 15th Street each weekend, according to a letter to commissioners from City Manager Jimmy Morales.

Miami Beach Police hired extra staff to control the rowdy partiers for the eight weeks of festivities
There is a ban on drinking, floats, loud music and police have limited the number of people in certain areas. However, the restrictions didn't stop students from drinking heavily and twerking in front of weary police

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Arsene Wenger takes fans decision to leave Arsenal in May

Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal at the end of the Season
Arsenal football manager Arsene Wenger admits recent fans protests against him will influence his decision to leave Arsenal in the summer. Wenger's contract expires at the end of the season in May, 2017.

"I work very hard for 25 years to make the fans happy. I understand they are not when we lose. I don't want to judge that. I am not able to. I've said many times you have to accept different opinions. I don't work for my image. I work for the club with full commitment. How will I be judged? It's not too much my problem. I think I have shown since I am here that I love this club, that I'm loyal to this club and I make the right decisions for this club, and I will continue to do that, in respecting the values that are vital to me." said Wenger

Arsene Wenger has announced he will wait until the end of the season with to announce whether he will leave or stay at Arsenal.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Nigerian Yahoo Boys Sentenced to 115 years in Prison in the US

Nigerian Yahoo Boys Sentenced to 115 years in Prison in the US



Three Nigerians, who in July 2015 were arrested and extradited from South Africa to the United States, were convicted today by a federal jury for their wide-ranging Internet fraud schemes including mail fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud, conspiracy to commit identity theft, access device fraud, and theft of U.S. government funds and conspiracy to commit money laundering aka Yahoo.


Acting Assistant Attorney General Kenneth A. Blanco of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and U.S. Attorney Gregory K. Davis of the Southern District of Mississippi made the announcement.

Oladimeji Seun Ayelotan, 30, was convicted and faces up to 95 years in prison. Rasaq Aderoju Raheem, 31 was convicted of conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud, conspiracy to commit identity theft, access device fraud, and theft of U.S. government funds, three counts of mail fraud, and conspiracy to commit money laundering. Raheem faces up to 115 years in prison. Femi Alexander Mewase, 45, was convicted of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and wire fraud, and conspiracy to commit identity theft, access device fraud, and theft of U.S. government funds. Mewase faces up to 25 years in prison. Sentencing for all three is set for May 24, 2017 in the Southern District of Mississippi.

A total of 21 defendants were charged in this case. To date, defendants Adekunle Adefila, 41, of Nigeria; Anuoluwapo Segun Adegbemigun, 40, of Nigeria; Gabriel Oludare Adeniran, 30, of Nigeria; Genoveva Farfan, 45, of California; Rhulane Fionah Hlungwane, 26, of South Africa; Teslim Olarewaju Kiriji, 30, of Nigeria; Dennis Brian Ladden, 75, of Wisconsin; Olutoyin Ogunlade, 41, of New York; Taofeeq Olamilekan Oyelade, 32, of Nigeria; Olufemi Obaro Omoraka, 27, of Nigeria; and Olusegun Seyi Shonekan, 34, of Nigeria; have pleaded guilty to related conspiracy charges. Susan Anne Villeneuve, 49, of California, is awaiting trial.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service investigated the case. Significant assistance was also provided by the Criminal Division’s Office of International Affairs, the HSI Cyber Crimes Center, HSI Attachés in Pretoria, South Africa and Dakar, Senegal, the U.S. Marshals Service’s International Investigations Branch and the Southern District of Mississippi District Office, the South African Police Service (SAPS) Directorate of Priority Crimes Investigation (DPCI) Electronic Crimes Unit, the SAPS Interpol Extradition Unit, the South African National Prosecution Authority and the South African Department of Justice and Constitutional Development.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

3 Million Women Protest Pussy Power and March on Donald Trump

Women's March on President Donald Trump are being held in more than 30 countries across the world on his first day in the White House. The first batch of women's protesters were up bright and early in Washington DC awaiting the Women's March on Washington to begin Saturday.
women worldwide march in protest at Donald Trump

Millions of women are marching across Europe, Africa joining a worldwide protest against Donald Trump.The rally – expected to draw in 2.2million people across the globe – is being held on the first full day of the billionaire businessman’s presidency.The march is expected to be largest inauguration-related protest in US history and comes the day inauguration and after Donald Trump was sworn in as President of the United States
Women's March in Washington DC with a rally at 10am and the march will begin at 1.15pm.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Streets empty, 'Barrowed time', Flee, War in Yahya Jammeh's Last Day in Gambia


 Yahya Jammeh's Last Day in Gambia
It looks like Mr Jammeh's will defy The African Union, ECOWAS and U.N. Security Council to be forcefully removed as a dictator president of The Gambia. Regional leaders including former Ghana president John Dramani Mahama, Nigeria's Bushari and Chairman of ECOWAS, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf failed to strike a deal in talks with Jammeh to hand over power to his opponent Adama Barrow who won polls conducted in the country last December. Last minute meeting with has not help as Mauritanian president says he's "less pessimistic" for a resolution of #Gambia impasse after meeting President Jammeh. The Mauritanian president left The Gambia and no sight of Jammeh was on board

Jammeh, who has been president since he led a coup 22 years ago, initially accepted the result of the Dec. 1 election — but dramatically changed his mind a week later, saying that the results were void because of voting "irregularities." Yaya Jammeh is now living on 'Barrowed time'

Adama Barrow is due to be inaugurated as the new president on Thursday, and West African military forces are poised to move in. Completely empty streets in usually busy parts of the #Gambia. People staying indoors. War is unavoidable.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

RCCG Confirms Pastor Joshua Obayemi is new Daddy G.O.

PASTOR ADEBOYE steps down, retires as the Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God Nigeria.

Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Nigeria confirms that Pastor Enoch Adeboye, on Saturday appoints Pastor Joshua Obayemi as the new Daddy General Overseer (GO).  The confirmation was made on twitter @PastorEAAdeboye t The shocking announcement was made at the congregation of all RCCG Pastors and ministers by Pastor E.A. Adeboye himself stating that he will no longer be general overseer. He immediately announced the new Overseer as Pastor J.O Obayemi, Pastor J.F Odesola as Secretary and Pastor J.A. Adeyokunnu as the new Treasurer.

The announcement was made during the church’s annual thanksgiving held at the 3km by 3km new auditorium today 7th January 2017.

He requested that the congregants pray for the new leadership after which he also pronounced blessings upon them.

Also present at the meeting was the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osibajo and other Senior Pastors of the Church.
Adeboye was born on March 2, 1942, in Ifewara, Osun State.

Pastor Adeboye  was appointed in 1981, nearly 36 years as General Overseer of the church. He took over from Papa Akindayomi, who had died the previous year.

The church, which was not well known prior to Adeboye’s ascendance has grown phenomenally, to become Nigeria’s biggest, with branches globally in about 190 countries, including more than 14,000 in Nigeria.

Adeboye has stated that his aim is to put a church within five minutes of every person on Earth. He married Adenike, now 68 in 1967. She was born on 13th July 1948.

Pastor J.O Obayemi was the former Special Assistant to the General Overseer (SATGO) on Finance.