“He had an opportunity to make real reforms early on, to boldly reshape Nigeria’s path. He wasted it,”
List of largest cities in Nigeria is different from the list of most loved cities in Nigeria
It started as a movement in Africa, Ankara, the African prints has become the latest fashion trends in the globe. Ankara Inspired by the locals and designers in Africa has become the next big thing. Osas eye brings you a collection of the best Ankara dresses
If Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan can free the missing girls, he would have done it before now. He can't. He failed
African wear continues to rock the fashion trend. From Nigeria to South Africa, Osas eye gives you look at some of the jaw dropping traditional wear by African designers for men
Thursday, November 26, 2015
Pope Francis' African tour started in Kenyan as he delivered a historic first African Mass on Thursday at the University of Nairobi. Pope Francis arrived in Kenya on Wednesday for his first papal trip to Africa -- one that will take him to Uganda, and the conflict-ravaged Central African Republic. Francis is the fourth pope to visit Africa.
"I appeal in a special way to the young people of the nation," he said. " ... May you always be concerned for the needs of the poor, and reject everything that leads to prejudice and discrimination, for these things, we know, are not of God."
'God of peace, not violence' -"All too often, young people are being radicalised in the name of religion to sow discord and fear, and to tear at the very fabric of our societies,"
"The God whom we serve is a God of peace. His name must never be used to justify hatred and violence."
"Experience shows that violence, conflict and terrorism feed on fear, mistrust, and the despair born of poverty and frustration," he said.
The visit is a turning point in Kenya’s, and indeed Africa’s, history. Let's not forget that President Obama’s visited Kenyan in July. Kenyans are fed up with the political corruption— five government ministers were fired this week in connection with allegations of graft — and many said they hoped the pope would talk about it in a #MessageToThePope
Saturday, November 21, 2015
Maison Sere, a 42-year-old man was crowned Zimbabwe’s ugliest man at a pub pageant in Harare.
Maison Sere, who was missing several teeth and dressed in torn overalls, beat off five other contestants for the $500 Mr Ugly prize
“I want to thank God for winning this title, last time I came fourth. I just want to thank the judges for recognising me as the winner,” Sere told journalists during a night of festivities Friday attended by more than 200 people.
But William Masvinu, a three-time (2012, 2013 and 2014) Mr Ugly winner who finished second prize this year, cried foul play.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Thursday, November 12, 2015
- Osagie Ehanire (Edo state) – Minister of State, Health
- Aisha Abubakar (Sokoto state) – State minister for Industry, trade and Investment
- James Ocholi (Kogi state) – State minister of Labour and Employment
- Dr Ibe Kachikwu (Delta state) – State minister for petroleum resources. Buhari remains petroleum minister.
- Mustapha Baba Shehuri (Borno) – State Minister for Power, Works and Housing.
- Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa state) – State minister for Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Claudius Daramola (Ondo state) – State minister of Niger Delta.
- Ibrahim Usman Jibril (Nasarawa state) – State minister of Environment.
- Engr Suleiman Adamu (Jigawa) – Minister of Water Resources
- Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed (Kaduna state) – Minister of State Budget and National Planning.
- Pastor Usani Uguru (Cross River) – Minister of Niger Delta.
- Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan (Taraba state) – Minister of Women Affairs
- Isaac Adewole (Osun state) – Minister of Health
- Adebayo Shittu (Oyo state) – Minister of Communication.
- Lai Mohammed (Kwara state) – Minister of Information
- Masur Maman Dan Ali (Zamfara state) – Minister of Defence
- Abdulrahaman Danbazau (Kano) – Minister of Interior
- Udoma Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom) – Minister for Budget and National Planning
- Amina Mohammed (Gombe state) – Minister for Environment
- Hadi Sirika (Katsina state) – Minister of Aviation
- Solomon Dalong (Plateau state) – Minister for Youth and Sports.
- Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers state) – Minister of Transport
- Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi state) – Minister of Science and Technology.
- Audu Ogbeh (Benue state) – Minister of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Babatunde Raji Fashola (Lagos state) – Minister of Power,Works & Housing.
- Muhammadu Bello (Adamawa state) – Minister of Federal Capital Territory.
- Kemi Adeosun (Ogun state) – Minister of Finance.
- Abubakar Bawa Bwari (Niger) – Minister of State, Solid Minerals
- Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti state) – Minister of Solid Minerals.
- Chris Ngige (Anambra state) – Minister of Labour and employment.
- Okechukwu Enelamah (Abia state) – Minister of Industry and Trade.
- Anthony Gozie Anwuka (Imo state) – State minister of Education.
- Adamu Adamu (Bauchi state) – Minister of Education.
- Khadija Abba Ibrahim (Yobe state) – Minister of State Foreign Affairs.
- Geoffrey Onyeama (Enugu state) – Minister of foreign affairs
- Barrister Abubakar Malami (Kebbi state) – Minister of Justice.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
Nigeria's domination continues at the 2015 World Cup final. Nigeria defeats Mali in the second all African Final at the FIFA U17 World Cup that was held in Chile. The First All African FIFA final was at Japan 1993, the finalists were Nigeria and Ghana. For the record, the Golden Eaglets emerged victorious from their clash with Ghana, claiming the first of their four global titles at this level.
Nigeria striker Victor Osimhen sets new FIFA record and history for most goals in a single tournament after scoring his 10th goal against Mali.
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Victor Osimhen equalled France Florent Sinama Pongolle 2001 FIFA World Cup goals (9) scored in a single tournament as Nigeria reaches second consecutive finals. Osimhen converted from the penalty spot on the 83rd minute against Mexico in the semi final of the ongoing 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup, to give Nigeria a 4-2 lead.
His goals means that the prolific striker has now scored in every game of the tournament leading into the semis – 6 games.