Thursday, July 16, 2015

First NBA game in Africa - Aug 1, 2015

First  NBA game in Africa


The first NBA game in Africa will take place on August 1st, 2015 at Ellis Park Arena in Johannesburg, South Africa. The game, which will be aired in Africa on SuperSport, will feature a Team Africa versus Team World format and will be played in support of Boys & Girls Clubs of South Africa, SOS Children’s Villages Association of South Africa and the Nelson Mandela Foundation. The NBA has a long history in Africa with more than 35 players from the continent that have featured on NBA rosters since Hakeem Olajuwon was drafted in 1984.

Organisers  and sponsors include Econet Global Limited, Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa, NIKE Inc., South African Airways, SuperSport,  FM 947  and others.

“This is a historic moment for the NBA and the sport of basketball in Africa, and we are excited to work with such a broad range of partners to make this game possible,” said Amadou Gallo Fall, NBA Vice President and Managing Director-Africa.

“The game will impact young people throughout the continent, both on the court and in the community, as we bring some of the world’s most recognizable athletes to Johannesburg to celebrate our long tradition in Africa.”

Team Africa, comprising of players from Africa and second-generation African players, will feature team captain and two-time NBA All-Star Luol Deng (Miami Heat; born in South Sudan), Serge Ibaka (Oklahoma City Thunder; Congo) and Gorgui Dieng (Minnesota Timberwolves; Senegal).

Team World, comprising players from the rest of the world, will feature team captain and eight-time NBA All-Star Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers; U.S.), Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards; U.S.) and Kenneth Faried (Denver Nuggets; U.S.).

1 comment:



  1. How To Get Your Ex Lover/Partner/Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Wife Or Husband Back

    I was married for 16 years to a loving mother and wife. We had 2 children together who are now 11 & 13. I reconnected with an old girlfriend from college on Facebook and we began an affair and I left my wife. The woman I had an affair with is a wonderful woman and I love her too and our kids had begun accepting the situation and my wife has kind of moved on, but not in love with the man she is seeing. I thought I fell out of love with my wife and I felt terrible about what I did to her - she is a good woman and I don't know what came over me. I decided to try and get her back and I was recommended to OYINBO for help to get reunited with my wife and within 48 hours after I made contact with OYINBO my wife decided to work things out with me and now we are back together with our children living as one happy family. I really don't know the words to use in appreciation of what OYINBO did for me but I will say thank you sir for reuniting I and my family back. For those in trying times with their marriages or relationship can communicate with OYINBO through the below in formations.


    Whats App/call/text: +2348074066640
    Email:PROPHETOYINBOJESUS@GMAIL.COM



    ReplyDelete