Sunday, June 22, 2014

Nigeria 1 vs Bosnia 0, World Cup 2014: Reactions, Pictures

Nigeria 1 vs Bosnia 0, World Cup 2014: Reactions, Pictures
Can Nigeria break World Cup winless streak against Bosnia? Yes We Can! and Yes we did. Nigeria ground out a hard-fought victory over Bosnia on Saturday night to put one foot in the World Cup round of 16.
Nigeria President and Nigerians watch win bosnia
Nigerian President watching the game
Coach Stephen Keshi feels his Nigeria side delivered a victory for all of Africa after Peter Odemwingie's goal put the Super Eagles on the brink of reaching the World Cup knockout stages.
Nigeria soccer beats Bosnia in World Cup thriller

Nigeria can clinch advancement with win over Argentina
Nigerian line up that won the game vs Bosnia

He told FIFA.com: "Everybody is happy in West Africa; Ghana got their result (2-2 draw with Germany) and we won.

"It's good for the continent.

"The fighting spirit we showed was good. I never thought that we wouldn't make the round of 16. I have the players.

"But look at Iran today, if it was not for Lionel Messi. We need to work hard for the game against Argentina."
Nigeria 1 vs Bosnia 0, World Cup 2014: Reactions, Pictures

"I'm happy we won our first World Cup game since 1998, I hope this continues, I liked what I saw today," Keshi told the post-match press conference. "It happens in Africa nobody gives us a chance, they were saying the Iran result was the worst ever, then we saw Iran against Argentina (the Iranians lost 1-0 but only to a Lionel Messi winner in time added on), if the Argentines didn´t have Messi it would have been the same score line.

"I never had a doubt we wouldn't never make it as long as the players were ready to play. I felt the character the boys showed, it was better today, tempo was very high."Match-winner and man of the match Odemwingie said "The goal means a lot to me,"

"But the win was down to 90 minutes of concentration and effort from my team-mates.

"The most important thing today was the character. We even enjoyed defending together.

"I don't know anyone who doesn't love this country. Playing for my fatherland is an honour and a pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment