Thursday, March 27, 2014

Long Distance Relationships: What were you thinking?

The exotic or adventurous-vacation aspect is the number one positive in being in a long distance relationship but the not being physically is the biggest negative. Hasn't worked for many but then the military families are doing very well. Osaseye revisit the positives and negatives in being in a long distance relationship. Maybe, the older you get, the harder it becomes. Call it desperation like Judy hill simply titled it.
Relationship-Saving Lessons from Long-Distance Couples

However, a study in the Journal of Communications has shown that absence might truly make the heart grow fonder and that couples who participate in a healthy long-distance relationship can have more meaningful interactions than couples who see each other daily.

"While martially it wouldn't work out because Physical attraction just wasn't there. My Long distance ex is literally my best friend. He knows more about me then my face to face friends, and he's made it clear my parents don't need to worry. If I can't get my mental health to a level that I can live on my own and take care of myself he fully intends to do it, because we all know my family once my parents are gone won't do a thing for me." says Elizabeth

"So in a way it did work out in the end. I've never had a friend I couldn't live without till him. And I don't mean because of my mental disabilities. I'll always chose him over other people." she added

''It won't work out at the end" argued James.

"People that start a relationship long distance always seem desperate to me. Those that are forced into it are even worse off at the end than at the start of the relationship"

Long distance relationships are not for everybody. They are full of meaningless arguments, jealousy, lonely nights, and lack of trust. Whether it is "really worth it or not, your call or test of duty."

"I did it for two years -- and then I married the man. Yes, being in a long distance relationship is difficult, but when it is with the right person, it isn't half bad. It taught us a lot about ourselves, things we might not have figured out otherwise." Chioma

So what do you think of long distance relationships?

0 comments:

Post a Comment