Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nigeria qualifies for Semi-finals of AFCON

Nigeria beat Ivory Coast 2:1 to qualify for semi finals of AFCON

Nigeria beat Ivory Coast 2 -1 to qualify for Semi-finals of the African Cup of Nations

Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike opened the scoring just before half-time, smashing a thunderous effort past Boubacar Barry in the Ivorian goal.

Midfielder Cheick Tiote drew the Elephants level shortly after the break, heading home from Didier Drogba's free-kick.

But Sunday Mba sealed Nigeria's win with a shot deflected in off Sol Bamba.

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi gave his speech on after the game "I sincerely thank my players for everything they did today. I hope we can keep going to the final.

"I'm glad my team is progressing in every game. There is great discipline in the team and I just hope we keep going that way.

"The boys showed character. Sunday came up with a beautiful, beautiful goal."


0 comments:

Post a Comment