Tuesday, November 6, 2012

U.S: Why you must Vote

Why we must vote. A pregnant woman in labor did it

According to WBBM Newsradio, Chicago  21 year old Galicia Malone pregnant with her first child opens up about her determination to vote for the first time. Her labor began at 3 a.m. Tuesday morning and she held off going to the hospital until she was able to go to her polling place and vote.
“I never voted before so this made a major difference in my life,” she said. “And I wanted this to be a stepping-stone for my daughter.”
As she worked her way through the ballot, her contractions were coming every five minutes.
“I was just trying to read and breathe, read and breathe,” she said. “That’s what I kept telling myself, ‘Read and breathe, read and breathe.”
Once she finished voting, she left her polling place and drove herself to the hospital, awaiting the birth of her daughter. She calls it a milestone day – her first vote and her first child.
Go and
Vote
On
This
Election

0 comments:

Post a Comment